This is a super easy, delicious side dish. It’s perfect for summer BBQ’s, or in the middle of December when you’re tired of all the treats and want something simple and delicious. Wait. Did I say tired of treats? Ha! Sorry. We’ll go with when you want something simple and delicious. We love roasted potatoes, and this is one of our favorites!
All you need are three simple ingredients. Potatoes, oil, and dressing mix. It doesn’t get much easier! I’ve switched to avocado oil for roasting because it has the highest smoke point at 500 degrees (plus it’s a healthier oil than regular vegetable oils, and it’s non-GMO).
Cut your potatoes into uniform bite-size pieces. Place potatoes in a gallon size zip-top bag and drizzle with avocado oil. Seal the top of the bag and shake to coat. Open bag, add the dry dressing mix, seal the top, and shake again to coat. I’ve made potatoes this way for years, because I found that if I coated the potatoes in oil first, then the seasoning distributes more evenly. If I add the oil and seasoning at the same time, the seasonings tend to clump with the oil and it takes a lot more shaking to coat the potatoes.
Pour the seasoned potatoes onto a foil-lined baking sheet and toss it in the oven. That’s it! Then you can start your meat, make a salad, change a diaper, kiss an owie, set the table and chat with your guests.
Italian Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix (dry)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash potatoes and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place potatoes in a gallon-size zip-top bag and drizzle with avocado oil. Seal the top of the bag and shake to coat.
- Open bag, add the dry dressing mix, seal the top, and shake again to coat.
- Pour the seasoned potatoes onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- If you want your potatoes extra crispy, turn the broiler on for the last 2-3 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn.