This is another Somewhat Simple post I whipped up with only three ingredients! Well, plus ice cream, but since it goes on top, I guess I don’t have to count it. These were super easy to put together, and they’re really fun to serve to kids. Mine loved them! They’re just the right size for little hands, and they can eat the ice cream before it melts all over them (and every nearby surface).
I made an indentation in my mini brownies so they would hold more ice cream. I used the narrow end of my pestle (from my mortar and pestle) but you can use whatever you have…or leave the brownie as is. It will come out of the oven with a slight indentation (as shown in the picture above), so it’s up to you how pronounced you want it to be.
Mini Red Velvet Brownies & Ice Cream
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- vanilla ice cream
- desired toppings (sprinkles, drizzled chocolate, hot fudge, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine the cake mix, butter and egg until well combined. Scoop into a mini muffin tin, about 1 tbsp for each brownie (I used my cookie scoop). Batter will be very thick.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. Remove from oven, and using the blunt end of a kitchen utensil or a spoon, make a large indentation in each brownie. This will make more room for ice cream in your brownie. If you would rather have your ice cream sit on top instead of in the brownie, omit this step.
- Using your cookie scoop, place 2 or 3 scoops of ice cream on each brownie. Add any desired toppings.