- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon extract, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour one cup at a time, beating until combined combined after each addition.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out one of the halves to ¼". Use parchment or a silicone mat under the rolled dough to prevent sticking. Rub a small amount of flour into your rolling pin to prevent sticking.
- Cut out cookies with desired shapes and place on a silicone mat/parchment lined baking sheet.
- Excess dough may be re-rolled and cut for cookies.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. The cookies should still be white﹣not browned, but should look set.
- Cool cookies completely. If you used parchment, you can lift the paper off the pan and set the whole thing on a cooling rack, or let them cool right on the baking sheet.