Do you love a comforting bowl of soup when the temperature starts to dip? This creamy chicken fajita soup is just what you need! You’ll love it because it’s quick and easy and full of flavor.To make it easy for you, I’ve included instructions for the slow cooker and the stock pot, depending on how you want to make it. I use both methods, just depending what time I get dinner started. If you are looking for ways to use all your fresh fall produce like peppers, you’ll want this recipe in your soup line up! Didn’t grow peppers in your garden this year, don’t worry! Stop by Whole Foods to pick up some beautiful peppers for your new favorite soup! I love their high quality produce, it’s always perfectly fresh and delicious.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp oil (I use avocado or coconut.)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups water
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- diced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- Coat the slow cooker with the oil and add all soup ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or high heat for 2-3.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken, shred with two forks, then return back to the soup.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Cook and shred chicken breasts (or use rotisserie chicken).
- In a stock pot over medium heat, add the oil, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, cayenne, and cumin. Cook until the peppers and onion are translucent and fragrant.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.
- Serve immediately and add desired toppings.
- Cooking the spices (especially at a high heat) helps release the flavor. This achieves the same flavor that would normally take hours to develop at a lower heat.
Click NEXT to get the PRINTABLE recipe!