- 16 oz bag marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp flavored extract, optional (I usually use vanilla or lemon)
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, divided
- Place marshmallows in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Sprinkle water over marshmallows.
- Microwave until melted.
- Sprinkle with extract and stir in the half to three fourths of the powdered sugar. Continue adding in sugar until it's the consistency of play-dough. (If you add in too much sugar, it will be dry and could crack)
- Use a fondant mat or a silicone mat (or grease your countertop) and continue to work fondant, if necessary.
- Knead in gel food color, if desired.