Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes are a delicious way to start the morning! They are delicious served with homemade Buttermilk Syrup, or this delicious raspberry sauce.
Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes
- 1½ cups buttermilk or kefir
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup uncooked wheat kernels
- 3 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Pour buttermilk (or kefir) in blender, add wheat kernels and blend for 2-3 minutes in a high powered blender (Blendtec or Vitamix) or until batter looks smooth. Blend for 5-10 minutes in a non-high powered blender.
- Add cornmeal, brown sugar, eggs, & melted butter, and blend another minute.
- Add baking soda and baking powder and blend only a few seconds.
- Stir batter by hand to completely combine ingredients.
- Pour straight from blender onto a hot griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges look dry. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes longer. Serve with syrup, like this delicious Buttermilk Syrup.
recipe adapted from I Dare You To Eat It
very similar to this recipe