Classic No-Bake Cookies
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine cocoa, sugar, milk & butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, time it for one minute, then remove from heat and add the peanut butter.
- Stir until smooth, then add the vanilla and oatmeal.
- Stir until thoroughly coated. Working quickly, drop by tablespoonfuls (or bigger) onto parchment or waxed paper. Let cool and harden.
- Watch disappear.
- You can make them any size you want. We usually make ours pretty big. Because eating one cookie is always healthier than eating two. Right? Right.
- It’s best to work quickly when dropping the cookies onto the parchment paper…they will look more uniform because the consistency will change as they begin to cool.
- You can add peanuts to this recipe, which adds to the crunch and flavor. Sometimes we do, but mostly we stick to this version.
- My brother-in-law Charles is an engineer, and he was smart enough to figure out that just spooning the warm cookies straight from the pan into a bowl and eating it with a spoon is probably the best decision you’ll make in any given week. I like to learn from smart people. And this is amazing.
Want a handy copy for your kitchen? Click NEXT to get the printable recipe!