This 5 Minute Fudge is quite possibly the quickest and easiest recipe I have ever made. It turns out so rich and delicious, and tastes like it took a whole lot more effort than 5 minutes! Perfect for neighbor gifts, pot luck parties, and just because! It’s simple, has only a handful of ingredients, and takes only a few minutes to make…so it’s pretty much the perfect fudge.
- 3 cups high quality chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli or Guittard)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- crushed toffee
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper (cut to fit in both directions) letting it hang a bit over the sides to use as handles to easily lift it out of the pan.
- Add the chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Microwave in 30 second intervals until mixture is smooth, then stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and gently press crushed toffee (or other topping) into the top of the fudge. Once it is completely cool, lift out of pan and cut into squares.
- To cool the fudge faster, you can put it in the fridge.
- Any number of toppings can be used…I used toffee because that’s my December specialty, but you could also use crushed candy canes, mini chocolate chips, peanut butter swirl…the possibilities are endless!
My beautiful and talented friend Amelia showed me how to make this recipe, so I wish I could site a source, but I don’t have one, other than her.