Honey & Lime Chicken Tostadas are a quick and easy dinner that everyone will love! This recipe first appeared on Somewhat Simple, and since then we make these at least once a week. They are fresh and delicious, and perfect for a busy weeknight!
I was going to make tacos for an easy weeknight dinner, and halfway through the process I realized I was out of flour tortillas. I dug around my fridge a little more and found corn tortillas, so tostadas it was! We loved how these turned out. I’m a sucker for any chicken that has honey and lime, so I added them & threw in a couple of spices and bam! Honey and Lime Chicken Tostadas- an easy, quick dinner.
Honey and Lime Chicken Tostadas
Ingredients (for the chicken):
- 2 Tbsp honey
- juice of 1/2 – 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 heaping cups of cooked and shredded chicken
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 can refried beans, warmed
- lettuce, shredded
- cheese, shredded
- tomatoes, diced
- red onion, diced
- bell pepper, diced
- avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients for chicken in a medium bowl and let marinate while you prep everything else.
- Add the chipotle chili powder to the sour cream and thoroughly combine. Set aside.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and place in oven for 3-5 minutes. You want them crispy…if they are rubbery they will be harder to eat.
- Spread tortillas with refried beans (or if you have a few more minutes, definitely make Spicy Refried Beans). If desired, top with some shredded cheese and place under a broiler for about 30 seconds.
- Layer each tortilla with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, cheese, avocado and a dollop of chipotle sour cream.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here are a few more of my favorite Mexican-inspired recipes!
The BEST refried beans // Chipotle Copycat Guacamole // Honey & Lime Chicken Enchiladas