These mini apple pizzas are a fun new snack that my kids and I love! They’re yummy, simple to prepare, and easy to customize to any taste! You can add any toppings that you like, and kids love to help with these. One of the best tips to getting kids to try new foods is to have them alongside you in the kitchen…they are more likely to eat something they made themselves!
Start out with just three basic ingredients, and then add your toppings. So simple! I used Pink Lady apples (use your favorite snacking apple), cookie butter (a nut butter would be a healthier choice, but we are loving the cookie butter we picked up at Whole Foods last week! It’s delicious. And addicting.), and unsweetened shredded coconut as the “cheese.”
Slice your apple crosswise into 1/4″ thick rounds. Apples have pretty stars in them when you cut them this way! Remove the core if needed (the slices near the top may have nothing to remove).
Spread with cookie or nut butter, sprinkle with shredded coconut, and top with your favorite fruit slices or dried fruit! We also sprinkled on some granola, and even chopped nuts would be delicious. That’s it! It’s so simple, your kids can definitely help with this one.
- 1 snacking apple (Pink Lady or Honeycrisp are our faves)
- nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut) or cookie butter
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- dried fruit pieces
- banana slices
- strawberry slices
- chopped nuts
- Wash apple and slice crosswise into 1/4″ thick rounds. Remove the core where needed.
- Spread with cookie or nut butter.
- Sprinkle on the coconut.
- Top with your favorite toppings. The strawberries and bananas were my personal favorites!
- Enjoy a great snack with your kids that they can help make!