Pineapple Mango Pops are a fun and refreshing way to take advantage of the best tasting mangoes, available right now! The Ataulfo mango is only available for a limited time at Whole Foods (where you can get an awesome selection of really cool fruits like Sumo oranges), so don’t miss out! When they’re gone, you’ll have to wait a long time before they come back. Which is sad. So just get some. I promise.
Mangoes have such a delicious, tropical flavor that goes well with so many other fruits. When I ended up with a mango and a pineapple in my cart, I couldn’t get popsicles out of my head, and ended up with this dairy-free treat! As if that wasn’t enough, mangoes are full of good things like phytochemicals, antioxidants, Vitamin C & A, beta-carotene and fiber. My kids helped me make them into these yummy popsicles, which are perfect for the warm Spring weather we’ve been having here in Utah! Check out the link party where I added these popsicles!
To make it easier to get the slush into the molds, I put it in a large measuring cup and poured it right in!
- 1 pineapple, cut into chunks (drain juice, if any)
- 1 mango, peeled & cubed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place pineapple, mango & lime juice in blender. Blend until frothy, should make approximately 3 cups.
- Place cold coconut cream in a mixing bowl. Beat for 3-5 minutes. Add in vanilla and sugar and whip to incorporate.
- Fold the whipped coconut cream into the fruit slush.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
Notes about Coconut Cream:
* Coconut cream can be found in stores like Trader Joe’s, Asian markets, the Asian section of some grocery stores, or the mixers (as in margaritas) section of some grocery stores.
* If you can’t find coconut cream, use full-fat coconut milk (canned). Look for milk withOUT guar gum as an ingredient. This is added to emulsify the cream…which means the cream won’t separate from the liquid, even when chilled. Cream content will vary from brand to brand.
For more simple and delicious mango recipes, check out these Whole Foods Market creations!