Whipped Coconut Cream is the perfect solution for a wholesome dairy-free topping! It’s no harder to make than regular whipped cream, and it’s fluffy and rich, just like you’d expect.
We aren’t a dairy-free family, but we still like to incorporate other foods into our diet that work in place of conventional ingredients. This one is easy enough to make that my kids helped me whip it up! Use it anywhere you would use regular whipped cream. And then check out this link party, where I added this recipe!
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Refrigerate coconut cream overnight, or until cream is solid.
- Chill mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Open coconut cream and scoop the solid cream out into the mixing bowl. If there is liquid in the bottom of the can, do NOT pour it into the cream. You want only the solid white cream from the can.
- Beat the cream with a hand mixer for several minutes until fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Add sugar and vanilla and whip until incorporated. The vanilla will make the whipped cream softer, but it adds a great flavor, so I never skip it!
- Refrigerate tightly covered up to 10 days, just re-whip when you’re ready to use it.
Notes About Coconut Cream
* Coconut cream can be found in stores like Trader Joe’s, Asian markets, the Asian section of some grocery stores, or the mixers (as in margaritas) section of some grocery stores.
* If you can’t find coconut cream, use full-fat coconut milk (canned). Look for milk withOUT guar gum as an ingredient. This is added to emulsify the cream…which means the cream won’t separate from the liquid, even when chilled. Cream content will vary from brand to brand.
* The liquid left in the can may be used in other recipes, including smoothies!
For a wholesome, refreshing treat, use this Whipped Coconut Cream in my Pineapple Mango Pops!