Peaches are one of my very favorite things about summer. Nothing is quite as comforting as eating a sweet, juicy, perfectly ripe peach! Except maybe winning the lottery. But as far as food goes, peaches are right up there at the top of my list! Which is why I am trying to convince my husband to plant a peach tree for me. Cross your fingers…and then have some fresh peach pie! Because fresh peaches topped with fresh whipped cream is my idea of the perfect summer dessert. Or dinner. Or breakfast. Or anything!
I found beautiful, perfect, delicious peaches at Whole Foods this month. They were amazing for pie. They were also amazing for eating fresh…or any other way you can think up! Have I convinced you yet that I really love peaches?
Fresh Peach Pie
- one pie crust (homemade or store-bought), baked according to directions and cooled
- 1 cup peach puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4 large peaches, peeled
- Add peach puree, sugar, cornstarch & water to a saucepan. Stir over medium-high heat until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Slice peaches into the cooled pie crust.
- Pour peach glaze over the sliced peaches and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy with ice cream or whipped cream!
- I had very large peaches, so it took 1 peach to get one cup of puree.
- To quickly and easily peel peaches, blanch (drop into boiling water) for 30 seconds, then immediately transfer to an ice bath. The skins will slip right off.
- If your peaches are a medium size, use 5-6.
I am a Whole Foods Blogging Ambassador. This post was written in exchange for a gift card to purchase food. Any opinions are my own.
Very lightly adapted from Bombshell Bling