Devil’s Food Cake Mix cookies are the perfect dessert if you need something quick and rich and delicious. This recipe originally appeared on Somewhat Simple. It’s one of my favorites to whip up when I’m short on time but need something great. When cake mixes go on sale, grab a few extras so you can have something easy and amazing in less than 20 minutes!
Devil’s Food Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 (15.25 oz) Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. (I just used a wooden spoon…no mixer necessary!)
- Using a cookie scoop, drop onto a parchment or silicone-lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- Cool 1 minute, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The last couple of times I made these cookies I made 30…15 per pan. They were a great size…not too big, not too small. They baked for 8 minutes and were just a little gooey in the center, which (in our family) is perfect! (Since ovens can vary, you may need to adjust time or temperature to get the same results)
- If you use a small (#60) scoop, you should yield about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.