Thin Mint Oreo Pops are the perfect winter treat! They are delicious on their own, but especially dipped in hot chocolate! The lollipop stick makes it easy to dunk them and still keep your fingers clean. So I guess that would make it the refined version of a Tim Tam Slam. Doesn’t get much better! I gave this to a new friend last night for her birthday, and she was impressed that I had made these because they were so pretty. So make these if you want to impress people you don’t know very well!
These treats also make great neighbor gifts. Put them in a cello bag with some hot chocolate packets, tie on a little tag, and you’re set! I made this little printable to go with them (make sure the scale in the printer pop up window is set to 100%, or else you’ll get funky sizing! Mine was defaulted to 50%, so I had to change it).
Thin Mint Oreo Pops
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- crushed peppermints, sprinkles or vanilla almond bark, for decoration
- Melt the chocolate chips and peppermint extract over a double boiler or in the microwave (heat for 1-2 minutes, checking every 20-30 seconds).
- Open the Oreos and, with the tip of a spoon, scrape a line of cream off of the middle of the cookie. Place a dollop of melted chocolate in the middle of the scraped line, then place the tip of the lollipop stick in the melted chocolate. Place the removed cookie half back on and gently press to spread the melted chocolate. Let chocolate set.
- Once the chocolate is set and the stick is firmly in place, dip cookies in the remaining melted chocolate. Tap the sucker stick against the top of the bowl until excess chocolate has drizzled back into the bowl. Set on a parchment-lined pan to harden.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermints or desired sprinkles while chocolate is still soft, or drizzle with melted vanilla almond bark (or excess minty chocolate) if chocolate has set. Sometimes I leave them plain too…whatever strikes your fancy!
- Makes 12 Thin Mint Oreo Pops
- To help the chocolate set faster, place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- I tried this without scraping some of the cream out, and the sticks just didn’t stay in firmly, which makes sense because the chocolate was stuck to the cream on one side, not the cookie. With a little bit of cream gone, they stayed in with no problems.