- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups thickly julienned potatoes
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 can (12-14 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Coconut Rice
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 can (12-14 oz) coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Start the coconut rice by adding the rice, coconut cream, water and salt to a large saucepan or stockpot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid for 15-20 minutes. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the onion and salt and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes. Add the curry powder and cook for one minute more.
- Stir in the coconut milk, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Continue cooking the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the chicken, stir well, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through. Add more salt to taste.
- Serve warm, over coconut rice. Makes 4 large servings, or 5-6 smaller servings.
I hope you enjoy this easy chicken curry as much as we do! If you try it and can’t help but take a picture of your amazing culinary creation, tag me on Instagram @becky_biteofdelight so I can see it too!
I am a Whole Foods blogging ambassador. This post was written in exchange for a gift card to purchase food. Any opinions are my own.