- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 10 drops wild orange essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- If coconut oil is very firm, blend it first with an electric hand mixer.
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and combine with hand mixer.
- Store in an 8 oz glass jar.
- Cleanse face, then gently massage sugar scrub into the skin. Don’t scrub too hard or long.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- This may be used anywhere on the body. Same instructions as for the face. Rough spots like elbows and heels can withstand a little more vigorous scrubbing.
- Refined and Unrefined coconut oil both work in this recipe. Refined coconut oil DOES NOT smell like coconut. Unrefined DOES smell like coconut. Pick whatever you prefer (or just whatever you have!).
- Other types of oil may be used, but I have personally only tested coconut oil.
- If you want a stronger scent, add a few more drops of essential oils. I would recommend not going over 20 total drops until you’ve tested it.
I am a Whole Foods Blogging Ambassador. This post was written in exchange for a gift card to purchase ingredients. All opinions are my own.
Click NEXT to get the printable recipe and clickable product list!