Do you love sneaking zucchini into everything possible? Especially when you’ve got more coming out of your garden than you can possibly use…and give away? Then you need these Gluten-Free Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies in your life!
Confession: I never give away zucchini, we eat it too fast! Mostly because we eat it grilled (a term I use rather loosely because I cook it on the griddle…like grilled cheese…so maybe we should start calling it griddled cheese? 😉)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda & salt and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add the vanilla and combine.
- Mix in the shredded zucchini.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Mix in the oats, coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop (roughly 2 tablespoons per cookie), drop onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- Cool on pan (they will be fragile until they cool, so I leave them on the pan instead of moving them to a rack).
- I usually make these cookies with semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I love a mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips.
- I have found that the bigger the zucchini, the more moisture it contains. If your shredded zucchini is very wet, put it in a kitchen towel or paper towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- If your zucchini is large, remove the seeds. You can even roast them!
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod (their cookie is not gluten-free)
For a PRINTABLE version of this recipe, click NEXT!