This simple and delicious strawberry kefir smoothie is a go-to breakfast at our house! It has only 4 ingredients, but it’s sweet and tasty and full of probiotic goodness thanks to the kefir!This recipe is also really versatile. Sometimes we add one cup of another fruit in place of 1 cup of the strawberries. Some of our favorites include:
- clementine wedges
- frozen berry mix
- greens (usually spinach, and usually in addition to the 3 cups of fruit)
I used to put banana in every. single. smoothie. I ever made. One day I ran out of bananas and found a bag of grapes in my freezer that I’d forgotten about, so I threw them in my smoothie that morning. And now I buy at least 10 lbs of grapes every time they go on sale. They are SO delicious in smoothies and a great complement to a lot of flavors, especially berries!
Strawberry Kefir Smoothie
- 2 cups kefir (or plain yogurt)
- 20-25 drops liquid stevia, or other sweetener to taste
- 1 cup frozen grapes
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender (Blendtec or Vitamix) in order listed.
- Process until smooth.
- If your kefir is room temperature, then your smoothie will be thinner. (Mine is usually room temp because I usually strain it right into my blender and use it right away, or right after a second ferment) If you use refrigerated kefir, it will have a thicker consistency. Think Jamba Juice.
- To freeze grapes, wash and let dry. Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Place in freezer until grapes are frozen. Add frozen grapes to a freezer-safe plastic bag, then return to the freezer OR make your own smoothie packs!
- To make your own smoothie packs, add all fruit for your smoothie to a quart-size plastic freezer bag. Place in freezer. When ready to make a smoothie, pour contents of smoothie bag into blender with liquid of choice (always kefir over here!) and blend. This makes smoothies SOOOO fast and convenient!
There are countless smoothie recipes that are simple and delicious, and easy to incorporate into your healthy lifestyle! If you’re looking for a few more, don’t miss these delicious recipes from Whole Foods!
Or there’s always my Cranberry Orange Kefir Smoothie too!
For a PRINTABLE version of this recipe, click next!